Thursday, July 2, 2015

Temptation

Hello everyone. In today's blog post I wanted to talk about temptation. I looked up the word temptation and its definition is a desire to do something, especially something wrong or unwise. Of course, the bible says a lot about temptation and its evil ways and that is what I want to describe in today's blog post. I want to focus mainly on James 1:13-15. It says, "When someone is tempted, he shouldn't say that God is tempting him. God can't be tempted by evil, and God doesn't tempt anyone. Everyone is tempted by his own desires as they lure him away and trap him. Then desire becomes pregnant and gives birth to sin. When the sin grows up it gives birth to death." Now I'm going to break down these verses and make it just a little easier to understand. Verse 13 is saying that God doesn't tempt us and he can't be tempted by evil. I know several people think that God tempts us. I always think that Satan tempts me but God allows it to happen, which is basically the same thing. But verse 14 and 15 changed my mind about that. It is saying that our wants is what tempts us. Our wants and wishes soon become sin which becomes death. Thinking of everything that tempts me is very hard because there are so many things. But I think one big temptation for everyone is smartphones. Even when I am trying to read scripture, my phone is calling my name. Our society has become so addicted to these things, and I am definitely guilty of it too. But when we are tempted we are to turn to God and he will guide us. I challenge everyone who reads like to do the see you in seven challenge. This is where you stay off social media, computers, phones, etc. and spend more time with God in his word. I am going to try it and you should to because it could really change your life. I hope that I explained everything correctly and that you got something out of this post. I am always here if you need to talk about something. 

With love,
Madison

More scripture about this topic: 1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment